My friend Jody purchased some new polishes last week and requested I give her a doticure with them. How could I say no?
On a side note, this may be my signature style manicure since I’ve had it requested by multiple people.
It was time well spent because we got to hang out and while I was at her house I learned about an organic farm festival happening the following day, which I ended up going to. I also found out Jody has a pear tree she doesn’t pick; I think pears for manicures is a fair exchange :).
The polishes used for this manicure:
- Maybelline Color Show Impeccable Greys as base color
- Maybelline Color Show Go Go Green as lime green dots
- Maybelline Color Show Green With Envy as mint dots
- Sally Hansen Xtremewear Celeb City as silver dots
- I don’t know what polish the gold dots are
- Sally Hansen Nail Treatment Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat
This was the first time I have used the Maybelline Color Show brand. The brushes were workable and the colors are very current. The gray definitely needs two coats to look good and you can see in the photo near the cuticles how it looks if there is only one coat. The mint and green dots were opaque with one application and I think the glitters help tie the whole thing together. I love this color combo and because we did the right prep her nails lasted all week!